quinta-feira, janeiro 18, 2007

Fazendo seu próprio iPhone

(de Jim Louderback, no Gearlog)

Ever since Apple announced the iPhone, I've wondered how long until someone would clone the user interface and put it on an existing phone. I didn't have to wait long! Thanks to Mo from SimToGo, and his cool iPhony hack, my Treo 650 looks like the iPhone -- six months early.

Alas, Apple is not amused. The company has taken to the courts to get these rudimentary application launchers removed from websites around the world. I guess these pale imitations were endangering Apple's sleek and sexy, yet overpriced new phone. Brickbats to Apple, who seems to have nearly as many over-zealous lawyers as they do smart engineers

I was lucky enough to find the Treo version before it totally disappeared. I easily assigned Treo functionality to the buttons, and now I can impress all the geeks with my iTreo. The buttons lead to my built in applications, and I assigned the screen to pop up when I hold down the side button (who needs that Real Player anyway?)

I love a clever hack, and this certainly qualifies.

Now if only I could figure out a way to turn the phone off when it gets close to my face, and see a random-access list of my voice mail on the screen... (sigh)

Nenhum comentário: